Brain and Behavior Evolving Web List
RESOURCE LISTS, SEARCHABLE INDICES, JOURNALS
- Neurosciences on the Internet, a searchable and browsable index of WWW resources
- The World Wide Web Virtual Library - Neuroscience
- Neuroscience Education, a resource list by Erik Chudler, University of Washington
- Neuroscience journals on the internet, by Erik Chudler
- Electronic Journals, neuroscience journals available on the web, from Neurosciences on the Internet
NeuroRoulette, randomly generated accessible sites from Neuroscience on the Internet
- Professional Resources in Neurosciences and Neuropsychology, from Mental Health Net, "rates the other neuro websites according to content ... provides links to each of them"
- Cognitive Neuroscience Resources
- Books, articles, and recommendations ... "mostly on brains, evolution, and where we're heading", by William Calvin, University of Washington
- Psychological Resources on the World Wide Web, by Edward Kardas, Southern Arkansas University
GENERAL TREATMENTS OF BRAIN AND BEHAVIOR
- Sheep Brain Dissection Guide, from University of Scranton Neuroscience Program
- Rat Atlas Image Database, from UCLA Laboratory of Neuroimaging
- Comparative Mammalian Brain Collections, from the University of Wisconsin
- The Whole Brain Atlas
- Digital Anatomist, from University of Washington, includes interactive brain atlas and neuroscience course syllabus
- Neuroscience Tutorial, clinical neuroscience, from Washington University
- Neuroanatomy and Neuropathology on the internet, from University Medical School, Debren, Hungary
Neurology Web Forums, from Masschusetts General Hospital, "to foster online discussions between patients,
caregivers and physicians about various Neurology-related topics".
- Interactive illustrations of color perception", from Brown University
- Counter-rotating spirals illusion, by Mark Newbold, who provides also an animated Necker Cube and a stereoscopic animated hypercube
- The Waterfall Illusion
- Musical Illusions and Paradoxes, by Diana Deutsch, University of California, San Diego. Some downloadable material and ordering information for a CD.
- You must be hearing things, from CBC Radio's Quirks and Quarks for Kids.
- Demonstrations in auditory perception, from McGill University
- Webvision, the neural organization of the vertebrate retina, by H. Kolb, E. Fernandez, R. Nelson.
SLEEP AND RELATED PHENOMENA
- Sleep and Memory: Evolutionary Perspectives, by J. Lee Kavanau, Dept. of Biology, UCLA
- Circadian Technologies, Inc., includes tutorials on circadian rhythms, sleep, alertness
- Memory Consolidation in REM sleep: Dream On, by Robert Vertes, Center for Complex Systems, Florida Atlantic University
- Sleep Research Society
- What is the minimal brain unit capable of sleep?", by Guili Tononi, The Neurosciences Institute, San Diego, California
- World Federation of Sleep Research Societies Newsletter
- Parasomnias - Arousal Disorders Information, from The Sleep Well, at Stanford University
- Introduction to Sleep and its Disorders, from the Circadian Learning Center at Circadian Technologies, Inc.(RM)
LEGAL ISSUES AND IMPLICATIONS
- Understanding and Preventing Violence, Volume 2: Biobehavioral Influences, 1994, by the Panel on the Understanding and Control of Violent Behaviors of the National Research Council, from the National Academy Press, available on line.
- How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School, 1999, by the Committee on Developments in the Science of Learning, National Research Council, from the National Academy Press, available on line.