- The brain is not passive; it is instead an active inquirer
- It is equipped not only to learn but to create
- It has equally important unconscious and conscious parts
- The interaction of the two is an important part of the brain's ability to learn/create
- Both "reality" and "self" are works in progress; so too is "right" and "wrong"
- Parents, educators, usability professionals (and everyone else) need to approach the brain from this perspective
- You can't ever get it "right", but you can always get it "less wrong" ... by creating materials which help the brain create new stories
- "Serendip is a gathering place for people who suspect that life's instructions are always ambiguous or incomplete ... and hence need to be continually rewritten."
Stop by, join in.