Who is he?
- Child genius
- Published article on particle physics at age 15
- Won the MacArthur Award at 21
- CEO; developed ''Mathematica''
- 1991, "began to try all sorts of new experiments... within a few months... made more new discoveries... than in all the previous ten years put together." NKS, p. 20.
A New Kind of Science
- What is the old kind of science?
- What were its limits? How did this limit us?
- What fields did the old way of thinking affect?
- What would a new science be, let alone a new kind of science?
- What is this new kind of science that he describes in this book?
- What is the ''Principle of computational equivalence'', and ''universality''?
1D Cellular Automata
Python 1D CA Toolkit