BBI 2007 - Post-Institute Assignment
- Please continue thinking about our conversations during the ten days of the Institute, and what we might continue to do together to bring about desireable changes in pre-college (and college) education. Insitute materials will remain available to you (and others) at http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/bbi07/home. This includes all notes and resource lists, your web pages, and the institute forum areas.
- Please visit the final forum area this weekend and leave their your thoughts/ideas/suggestions about our two weeks together. And keep us all posted during the year by recording your thoughts/experiences at least monthly. Keep in mind Serendip, the kinds of resources and conversations it would be helpful to you and others to have there, and contributions that you (and your students) might be able to make to that.
- By September 1, please prepare a curriculum development proposal. This should describe some aspect of your experiences with the Institute which suggests a way to improve pre-college education, and the particular changes which you want to try out in your own classroom. It should include as well a budget indicating how you will spend $200 to bring about those changes. The proposal should be made available as part of your web pages. Checks will be mailed for receipt by October 1.
- By June 1, please prepare a report on the outcome of your curriculum development activities. This report should also be posted on your web pagesand be thoughtful (including both successes and failures), no more than three or four pages long, and provide a synopsis of what you actually did and how that in turn suggests additional things for yourself and other teachers.
- I and others involved with the summer institute program would like to continue to work with you in any additional ways that you think would be helpful. Stay in touch.
Department of Biology
Bryn Mawr College
Bryn Mawr, Pa. 19010
610 526-5098 office
610 526-5086 fax