Biodiversity - Week 3
These pages are being generated as part of a senior seminar course directed by Neal Williams at Bryn Mawr College during fall semester, 2007 Among the topics to be considered are
- What is biodiversity?
- What's happening to biodiversity?
- Why is it happening?
- Why does it matter?
- What should/can be done about it?
This week, a discussion of
- Purvis, A. and Hector (2000) Getting the Measure of Biodiversity. Nature 405: 212-219
- Petchy, O.L. and Gaston, K.J. (2002) Extinction and the Loss of Functional Diversity. Proceedings of the Royal Society B 269: 1721-1727
- Clough, Y. Holzschuh, A, Gabriel, D. Purtauf, T. Kleijn, D. Druess, A., Steffan-Dewenter, I., and Tscharntke, T. (2007) Alpha and Beta Diversity of Arthropods and Plants in Organically and Conventionally Managed Fields. Journal of Applied Ecology 44: 804-812