Psychotherapy and the Brain
Welcome to the on-line forum associated with the 2008 senior seminar in Neural and Behavioral Sciences at Bryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges. Its a way to keep conversations going between course meetings, and to do so in a way that makes our conversations available to other who may in turn have interesting thoughts to contribute to them.
Thoughts this week about
- Like Drugs, Talk Therapy Can Change Brain Chemistry, Forensic Pschiatry and Medicine, 2002
- Psychotherapy Found to Produce Changes in Brain Functions Similar to Drugs, NY Times 2008
- Brain Data Reveal Why Psychotherapy Works, Psychiatric News, 2004
- Some Neurobiological Aspects of Psychotherapy: A Review, Journal of Psychotherapy Practice and Researh, 1999 (click link on right for PDF)
- Modulation of Cortical-Limbic Pathways in Major Depression: Treatment-Specific Effects of Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Archives of General Psychiatry, 2004 (click link on right for PDF)