Mental Health and the Brain:
The Significance of Genes
- Genes, Brain, and Behavior . Serendip, 2003.
- Gene Hunt Hints at Cause of Bipolar Disorder . NY Times, 18 Aug 2008. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/15/science/15visual.html
- Gene-Hunters Find Hope and Hurdles in Schizophrenia Studies . NY Times, 31 July 2008.
- Genes and Depression . US News and World Report. 4 September 2008.
- Matter over Mind . Boston College Magazine. David Karp. Boston College Magazine. Summer, 2006.
- Listening to Prozac. Peter Kramer. Viking. 1993.
- Big Pharma and American Psychiatry: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly . Steven Sharfstein. Psychiatric News, 19 August 2005.
- Making the Unconscious Conscious, and Vice Versa: A Bi-Directional Bridge Between Neuroscience/Cognitive Science and Psychotherapy . Paul Grobstein. Cortex, 2005.
- On the Astonishing Clinical Irrelevance of Neuroscience  Sydney Pulver. J. Amer. Psychoanal. Assn., 2003.
- Freud Returns . Mark Solms. Scientific American, 2004.
- Implications of Research in Cognitive Neuroscience for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy . Drew Westen. Oxford Textbook of Pschotherapy, 2005.
- "Have You Ever Been in Psychotherapy, Doctor?" . Richard Friedman. NY Times. 19 February 2008.
- Is Personal Psychotherapy Still Crucial for Residents?  Psychiatr. News, 4 May 2007
- Academy of Cognitive Therapy 
- Cognitive Theory of Depression. Aaron Beck, John Rush, Brain Shaw. Guilford Press. 1979.
- Brain Data Reveal Why Psychotherapy Works . Psychiatric News. 2004.
Additional forms of therapy
- Psychotherapy for All: An Experiment . NY Times. 11 March 2008.
- Story Hour: The Use of Narrative Therapy with Families . Serendip. Sarah Gibbs, 2007.
- Faith and Healing . Jerome Groopman. NY Times Book Review. 27 January 2008.
- The Lure of Treatments Science Has Dismissed.  NY Times Book Review. 25 December, 2007.
- The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) 
- The Man Behind Psychiatry's Diagnostic Manual . NPR. 18 August, 2003.
- Bipolar Disorder: Particle or Wave? DSM Categories or Spectrum Dimensions?  James Phelps. Psychiatric Times. 1 July 2006.
- Psychiatry Handbook Linked to Drug Industry . NY Times. 6 May 2008.
- The Psychodynamic Diagnostic Manual. 
- Measure for Measure: An Artistic Exploration of Eating Disorders, Body Image, and the Self.  Janna Stern and Serendip. 2000.
- Sorry Your Eating Disorder Doesn't Meet Our Criteria . New York Times. 30 November 2004.
- Williams Syndrome
- Anti-social behavior, criminality
Childhood and Adolesence
- Troubled Children: A Series , NY Times
At the Border
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Battle fatigue
- Unexplained Physical Symptoms: What's a Psychiatrist to Do?  Humberto Marin and Javier Escobar. Psychiatric Times. 1 August 2008.
Community Mental Health
- Rolling the Rock: Why Would Anyone Choose a Career in Community Mental Health Today?  David Dan. Psychotherapy Networker. August, 2008.
Mental Health Parity