The Three Doors of Serendip Applet 1
start new game clears your current winnings and all playing history, while play again starts a new trial within a game, without clearing any winnings.
1) First choose a door by clicking on the numbered button (#1, #2, or #3) on any of the three doors. Your selection will be highlighted with two arrows.
2) Serendip will then open a different door to show you that the money is not there. You are then given the choice to stay with your current door, or switch to the other remaining, unopened door. Click on either the stay or switch button.
3) Serendip then opens the door you've chosen and you either win or lose $5.
4) To continue playing, click play again.
- When you think you understand how the game works click on "I've got it!", but keep playing some more, Serendip will remember when you press the button.
- Your total money is displayed in the current winnings monitor and is also plotted on the winnings plot below.
- After you're finished playing, click summary.
Posted by Laura Cyckowski and Paul Grobstein on 24 July 2008. Applet created using NetLogo, the availability of which is gratefully acknowledged.