Critiquing Inquiry Instruction
Facets of Inquiry Instruction to Consider:
- Are students using/analyzing data to answer a question?
- Are students collaborating in the development of evidence-based explanations?
- Are students engaging all four modes of cortical brain function in the process of inquiring?
- How much prior information are students given to answer the question? Is it enough?
- How much structure or scaffolding is being provided to the students?
- Is there enough time and space for deep exploration?
- Are students looping or spiraling through the topic over time? In different modes of learning?
- Are students asked to judge and reflect on their own performance and abilities?
- How is learning being assessed?