I think of inquiry being grounded in the pursuit of some deep understanding. What is the deeper understanding that we were pursuing through this lab? ….Jill
can “rocks” hold water? What makes one volcano more explosive than another? ….Kathy
Applying the practice to genuine information would lead to a more meaningful lesson.…Geneva
- At what level of detail do we start an inquiry?
- How large of context do we supply to the students?
Up until this point, I think that I was getting stuck on looking to integrate level four into all areas of the curriculum, all the time. …Moira
Given these givens/constraints, I don't think we have to label everything that comes with a question as inquiry. …Deb
- Which in turn relates (I think) to the scope of inquiry;
- is it confirmation, structured, guided or open?
I resist the idea that Inquiry is a boxed skill... that you either have it or not. …Joyce
- This in turn relates to our evolving definition of inquiry and the realization that inquiry should not be placed in a “Box”
- Perhaps one important lesson is that inquiry is not this, that or the other, but an evolving process that includes the teacher and the students?
Please post thoughts and reflections on Paul Burgmayer's Copper Sulfate and water exercise.