Education, Science, and the Brain
" ... to make true science learners out of you and your children. It is also meant to be fun ..."
Balls and Ramps - Hands on Inquiry Science Curriculum - Education Development Center, Inc.
- Your students ALREADY know how to do it.
- So do YOU.
- IS fun.
- Need only to remember, allow self and students to do it, model the process/fun.
Science is ... ?
- Noticing things that one is interested in
- Making up explanations
- Testing the explanations
- Being wrong
- Doing it again, and again, and ...
- Taking enjoyment from all of the above
INCLUDING being wrong ... and getting less so
Brains (yours AND theirs) come equipped to do science
Science, brain, education - The parallels